How to Prepare for Lash & Brow Services & Other FAQs
Tips and Tricks
Lash and Brow Tint FAQ
How long does tinting take?
A typical tinting visit is about 15-30 minutes.
How long does tinting last?
Tints usually last 2-5 weeks. The colour will gradually fade, the rate at which it does can depend on your hair type, the type of beauty products you use, and how well you care for your lashes and/or brows.
- Avoid oil-based makeup and skincare products for 24-48 hours.
- Anti-ageing and exfoliating skincare should be avoided for three days either side of your treatment. After that, avoid applying around the brow area to prevent premature colour fade
- Try to keep your eyelashes and/or brows dry for at least 24 hours.
- Do not put contact lenses in for the rest of the day following tinting.
- Avoid swimming, saunas and hot tubs for at least 24 hrs. Chemicals such as chlorine can speed up how quickly brows can fade, so try to avoid swimming if you want long lasting results
- Do not receive any other eye treatments for at least 24 hours after this treatment.
- If you’re out in the sun for a long period, be sure to wear a hat or shade yourself under an umbrella. Sun exposure can shorten the longevity of the tint.
- Avoid rubbing lashes and/or brows
- Avoid spray tans or other tanning agents for 3 days following tinting. The tan can react with the tint, leaving your brows and lashes an unwelcome shade of green.
Lash Lift FAQ
How long do lash lifts last?
Lashes usually remain curled and lifted for 6 weeks. After that, they will start to visibly relax as new lashes replace the curled ones.
How to prepare for a lash lift appointment:
Come to your visit with a clean, makeup free face. If you wear contact lenses, you may prefer to wear glasses on the day as you will required to remove the lenses for your treatment.
can I repeat the lash lift treatment? How often?
After about 6 weeks, once all the curled lashes have fallen out, you can repeat the lash lift treatment, but it’s not a bad idea to wait a bit longer, at least 8 weeks.
Lash lift aftercare:
- Be gentle with your lashes; no rubbing.
- Do not get your lashes wet for the first 24 hrs.
- Avoid rubbing your eyes
- Use of sauna/steam is possible after 24hrs but may weaken the effect of the lift.
- Avoid eye makeup for 24 hours.
- Avoid waterproof mascara and oil-based skincare and makeup products
- Swimming should be avoided for at least 24hrs.
- No other facial beauty treatments for 24hrs.
- Try to avoid sleeping on your face and bending your lashes
The first 24 hours after getting a lash lift is the most important period of aftercare. Water and various products can break the chemical bonds and reverse the effects of your eyelash lift. Once the 24 hours are through, your lashes have set in the curled position and you can relax.
Brow Lamination FAQ
How long do the results last?
The brow lamination results typically last for 4-6 weeks.
How to prepare for a brow lamination appointment:
Come to your visit with a clean, makeup free face.
We recommend avoiding the use of any exfoliants, retinoids, or AHAs 48 hours before your lamination appointment. It is also best to avoid any self-tanning agents or spray tans for 3 days prior to your appointment as it can discolour the brows.
Can I repeat the lash lift treatment? How often?
We recommend waiting at least 8 weeks between appointments to ensure you brows are healthy and to get the best results.
Brow lamination aftercare:
- Avoid getting the brow area wet for 24 hours
- Avoid contact with direct sunlight, tanning beds, saunas, steam rooms and swimming pools for 48 hours after your treatment
- Avoid excess rubbing or touching the treated area for 24 hours
- Try to avoid sleeping on your face and bending your brows
- Avoid using exfoliating and anti-aging skincare products (AHAs, BHAs, retinoids, scrubs, etc) around the brow area for 3 days following lamination
- Avoid self-tanning and spray tanning products on the face for 3 days following your lamination as it can discolour the brows.
- The first 24 hours after getting a brow lamination is the most important period of aftercare. Water and various products can break the chemical bonds and reverse the effects of your lamination.
- Once the 24 hours are through, your brows have set in position and you can relax.
Looking to get those naturally dramatic lashes and brows? CONNECTED has you covered!
1 thought on “How to Prepare for Lash & Brow Services & Other FAQs￼￼”
Lash lift and brow lamination treatment are trending these days, but lack of knowledge may damage eyes look. You have shared a logical article which is so helpful. Thank you for sharing it.