At Connected Health & Skin
At Connected we want to provide you with the best care possible while supporting healthy relationships and boundaries. Below are a few of our clinic policies.
What to be aware of before your visit
- INTAKE FORMS
Please complete all intake forms and the COVID-19 pre-screen assessment/consent that will be sent digitally to you before your appointment. It is important to take time to review our Covid protocols.
- BOOK IN ADVANCE
All appointments must be booked in advance. No walk-in appointments or retail shopping will be permitted without an appointment.
- SCREENING & TEMPERATURE CHECK
We hate to be redundant but we will also be asking you the COVID-19 screening questions upon your arrival to the clinic. We will also be taking your temperature using a contactless thermometer. Anyone with a temperature over 37.3 C / 99.1 F will be kindly asked to reschedule their appointment with no cancellation charge.
Hand-washing sinks and hand-sanitizing stations are located throughout the spa. Please use one of these stations before and after your appointment.
- PLEASE COME TO YOUR APPOINTMENT ALONE
Sorry, but at this time we are actively trying to minimize the number of people in the clinic and will not be admitting anyone into the clinic that does not have a confirmed appointment
- TRAVEL LIGHT
Please only bring what you need to your visit.
We are all in this together so please wear a mask to your appointment. You will see us masked up as well and just wait till you see us in the face shields! So glam!
- NO WAITING ROOM
Our waiting room will be closed for the time being, so please arrive right at your scheduled appointment time
We will be a cashless premises. Debit, credit card or e-transfer are our preferred method of payment.
- BE MINDFUL OF YOUR HEALTH
If you have been sick within the last 14 days or have been in close contact with someone who has been sick, we ask that you plan for a virtual visit or reschedule your in-person appointment
- REVISED CANCELLATION POLICY
Anyone who cancels due to COVID-19 concerns, or does not pass our screening test will not be charged our late-cancellation fee (typically we require 48 hours notice of all cancellation).
How we are keeping you safe with additional Covid protocols
- Before we open for in-person visits we will be giving our brand new, beautiful space a deep clean
- Before every visit we will disinfect all of our surfaces and seating in the treatment room and anything that is touched by patients and staff.
- In addition we have created protocols for thorough cleaning and disinfection throughout the day using Health Canada approved cleaning products.
- Our entire team will always be wearing masks within the clinic and practitioners will be wearing scrubs. Face shields and gloves are worn as needed.
- We are limiting the number of patients and staff within the clinic to support social distancing.
- We will have a hand sanitizing station set up upon arriving at the clinic for everyone who comes through the door. In addition, you will find hand sanitizer available throughout the clinic for your use.
- Practitioners will also be screened for COVID-19 before their shift at the clinic and will have their temperature checked upon arrival
A Friendly Reminder About our Cancellation Policy
We require 48 hours notice for any cancellations or rescheduling for your appointment. Patients who provide less than 48 hours notice, or miss their appointment entirely, will regrettably be charged a cancellation fee of the full value of their appointment.
As much as enthusiastic punctuality thrills us (and is always appreciated), we understand that life happens which means appointment cancellations and rescheduling are sometimes unavoidable.
We’re happy to accommodate cancellations and/or appointment rescheduling, providing our practitioners’ valuable time and energy is honoured, which is why we uphold a strict Cancellation/Missed Appointment Policy (outlined above). This helps everybody find a stress-free, workable solution.
We appreciate your understanding and respect for this policy.
Why is a Cancellation Policy Necessary?
We’re glad you asked and are completely happy to be transparent about our why.
A last minute cancellation or missed appointment leaves a hole in our practitioners’ day which could have been filled by another patient in need.
Our Cancellation Policy is a system that respects the time and dedication of the client who booked treatment, of our practitioners who prepare for that treatment, as well as the time and opportunity for access for those clients who are on our waitlist.
These healthy boundaries are set with every one of our clients to ensure that we’re able to support as many individuals as possible and operate our clinic effectively for you.
That being said, we understand that emergencies do happen, which is why we invite you to take advantage of the appointment reminders that are sent out before the 48 hour period is in effect. This gives you the opportunity to cancel or reschedule when unexpected circumstances pop up, and provide us with the proper 48 hours notice.
Your Cancellation/Missed Appointment Invoice
If you miss our 48 hour Cancellation Policy, you will receive a message from our clinic with an invoice for the missed appointment fee.
Credit cards on file will be charged within the 24 hours after the missed appointment. Failure to complete payment will result in a notification from Collections Canada.
Communication is key when dealing with your health. There are various methods to contact someone these days, social media connects almost all of us now but it is not an appropriate or secure way to communicate with your naturopath. Email can be a great way to communicate with the clinic but depending on your concern you may require an appointment with your practitioner to get to the bottom of your concern.
The following tips should help steer you in the right direction:
- Due to regulatory concerns the Naturopathic Doctors at our clinic do not answer any medical questions via EMAIL.Please do not share your medical concerns or information in email, it is not a platform that is H.I.P.A.A. or P.H.I.P.A compliant. If you’d like to discuss your current treatment plan or if you have a new chief concern please book an appointment by clicking here . Should you require immediate assistance please call 911, visit the emergency room, a walk-in clinic or your family doctor.
- Due to regulatory concerns the Naturopathic Doctors at our clinic do not answer any medical questions via social media. Please do not DM (direct message) your Naturopathic Doctor with questions about your treatment protocol, medical concerns or booking an appointment. Social media is a way for us to connect with our community but it is not H.I.P.A.A. or P.H.I.P.A compliant and thus not an appropriate medical communication platform.
- To schedule an appointment, click here. You can see our available appointments and take care of the entire booking process online in moments.
- Have a question about your bill or any other administrative issue? Contact our helpful administrative staff by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org (416) 477- 7546
- Need a medication renewed? Patients do not always require an appointment to refill in date supplements or prescriptions. Simply call the clinic during reception hours, and our administrative staff will let you know if you can simply refill your product, or if you require an appointment to see the doctor.
- For more information regarding Naturopathic Medicine, services provided & upcoming events please have a look through our We keep our website up to date with the most recent information, news and events taking place at the clinic.
- We try to respond to emails within 48 business hours, but when you need a faster response, we’re available by phone.
Please remember to avoid using email to discuss highly confidential topics. Standard email isn’t considered a secure method of communication and is vulnerable to being read by third parties.