At Connected Health & Skin
At Connected we want to provide you with the best care possible while supporting healthy relationships and boundaries. Below are a few of our clinic policies.
What to be aware of before your visit
- INTAKE FORMS
Please complete all intake forms that will be sent digitally to you before your appointment.
Hand-washing sinks and hand-sanitizing stations are located throughout the spa. Please use one of these stations before and after your appointment.
- TRAVEL LIGHT
Please only bring what you need to your visit.
To ensure that we are an inclusive environment where all patients feel safe, masks are still required when in the clinic unless the skin beneath requires assessment or your practitioner advises you to remove it for treatment. Please bring your own mask with you; if you don't have one you will be provided one upon entry.
- BE MINDFUL OF YOUR HEALTH
If you are feeling sick prior to your appointment, we ask that you plan for a virtual visit or reschedule your in-person appointment. Please be mindful of our 48 hour cancelation policy and provide us with as much notice as possible so we can modify your appointment appropriately.
How we are keeping you safe with additional Covid protocols
- Before every visit we disinfect all of our surfaces and seating in the treatment room and anything that is touched by patients and staff.
- In addition we have created protocols for thorough cleaning and disinfection throughout the day using Health Canada approved cleaning products.
- Our entire team will always be wearing masks within the clinic.
- We have a hand sanitizing station set up upon arriving at the clinic for everyone who comes through the door. In addition, you will find hand sanitizer available throughout the clinic for your use.
A Friendly Reminder About our Cancellation Policy
We require 48 hours notice for any cancellations or rescheduling for your appointment. Patients who provide less than 48 hours notice, or miss their appointment entirely, will regrettably be charged a cancellation fee of the full value of their appointment.
As much as enthusiastic punctuality thrills us (and is always appreciated), we understand that life happens which means appointment cancellations and rescheduling are sometimes unavoidable.
We’re happy to accommodate cancellations and/or appointment rescheduling, providing our practitioners’ valuable time and energy is honoured, which is why we uphold a strict Cancellation/Missed Appointment Policy (outlined above). This helps everybody find a stress-free, workable solution.
We appreciate your understanding and respect for this policy.
Why is a Cancellation Policy Necessary?
We’re glad you asked and are completely happy to be transparent about our why.
A last minute cancellation or missed appointment leaves a hole in our practitioners’ day which could have been filled by another patient in need.
Our Cancellation Policy is a system that respects the time and dedication of the client who booked treatment, of our practitioners who prepare for that treatment, as well as the time and opportunity for access for those clients who are on our waitlist.
These healthy boundaries are set with every one of our clients to ensure that we’re able to support as many individuals as possible and operate our clinic effectively for you.
That being said, we understand that emergencies do happen, which is why we invite you to take advantage of the appointment reminders that are sent out before the 48 hour period is in effect. This gives you the opportunity to cancel or reschedule when unexpected circumstances pop up, and provide us with the proper 48 hours notice.
Your Cancellation/Missed Appointment Invoice
If you miss our 48 hour Cancellation Policy, you will receive a message from our clinic with an invoice for the missed appointment fee.
Credit cards on file will be charged within the 24 hours after the missed appointment. Failure to complete payment will result in a notification from Collections Canada.
Communication is key when dealing with your health. There are various methods to contact someone these days, social media connects almost all of us now but it is not an appropriate or secure way to communicate with your naturopath. Email can be a great way to communicate with the clinic but depending on your concern you may require an appointment with your practitioner to get to the bottom of your concern.
The following tips should help steer you in the right direction:
- Due to regulatory concerns the Naturopathic Doctors at our clinic do not answer any medical questions via EMAIL. Please do not share your medical concerns or information in email, it is not a platform that is H.I.P.A.A. or P.H.I.P.A compliant. If you’d like to discuss your current treatment plan or if you have a new chief concern please book an appointment by clicking here . Should you require immediate assistance please call 911, visit the emergency room, a walk-in clinic or your family doctor.
- Due to regulatory concerns the Naturopathic Doctors at our clinic do not answer any medical questions via social media. Please do not DM (direct message) your Naturopathic Doctor with questions about your treatment protocol, medical concerns or booking an appointment. Social media is a way for us to connect with our community but it is not H.I.P.A.A. or P.H.I.P.A compliant and thus not an appropriate medical communication platform.
- To schedule an appointment, click here. You can see our available appointments and take care of the entire booking process online in moments.
- Have a question about your bill or any other administrative issue? Contact our helpful administrative staff by emailing email@example.com (416) 477- 7546
- Need a medication renewed or refilled? Your prescriptions are provided to coincide with essential follow-up appointments. We understand that life happens and there may be times when you need a refill before your scheduled follow up. All email requests for prescription refills, or refills requested from the pharmacy will be subject to a $30 Refill Fee. Refills will be provided for 30-60 days to allow for time to book a follow up appointment. Appointments are required to appropriately monitor your response to treatment and make necessary adjustments as needed and in a time sensitive manner.
While we attempt to provide reminders of follow up appointments, it is your responsibility to book based on the schedule outlined in your treatment plan.
- For more information regarding Naturopathic Medicine, services provided & upcoming events please have a look through our We keep our website up to date with the most recent information, news and events taking place at the clinic.
- We try to respond to emails within 48 business hours, but when you need a faster response, we’re available by phone.
Please remember to avoid using email to discuss highly confidential topics. Standard email isn’t considered a secure method of communication and is vulnerable to being read by third parties.